Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Love Lives Here

Luke 2:7 – “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.”
John 1:14 – “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

The Lord came down, do you realize He didn’t come in a clean place? When we were at church this Christmas season, there was a huge chance for us to really hear about what it was like when Jesus was born. Love lived there!

We have this idea of what should be. Much like the Pharisee mindset, we find ourselves expecting certain ways things will go. They refused to believe Jesus was Messiah because He didn’t fit what they thought He would be. So therefore, the very thing they had been hoping and waiting for, went missed by the people who refused to accept how God delivered.

We do that. We have missed out on blessings in disguise. Mostly because God doesn’t fit in our box, we believe He isn’t there in it all. God has shown me that I can’t be staring at the doorway sometimes when he is sending an answer to prayer through a window.
Jesus went down to the sinners and tax collectors. We all need Jesus, but if we are busy trying to stay clean, we really miss out on some of the work God calls us too.

I won’t go there because I am scared. Okay, I understand wanting to be safe and make good choices, but really ask if it is a legitimate reason to be scared, or are you just feeling ill equipped for the call?

I love the saying, “God doesn’t call the equipped, He equips the called”. So true. I have had moments where I felt inadequate to complete a task and the power to do it came in the moment of need. Not before, not after, but in the very moment. God can do that because He is God.

So today, if you are blessed, don’t forget what our work is here on earth. We say all these things we will do, all these ways we will serve, but we don’t make time to play in the mud where we are needed. Some of us came from the low places so we see those who are there now. Some of us are so busy in our own lives getting our missions accomplished, that we miss out on the mission right in front of us.

Because it is hard doesn’t mean we should avoid it.

Let us go into the world and live the life we talk about living for Jesus.

Love lives where the Spirit is.

Lord, Heavenly Father,
Give me the strength to do Your will and the ability to see the tasks you have for me and the people that you see that we may pass right by. Let us be hopeful that You will give us what we need when we need it. I love You Lord and want to please you in the way I live. I appreciate all You have done for me, especially that You would come to earth to live a perfect life and despite all the hurt and pain, You love us. I am so grateful for Your grace and mercy. 
In Jesus’ Sweet Name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment