Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Don't Expect, Just Look

A normal and boring day right? Nothing special about it… Can’t wait for it to be over!
Well, if you are so busy waiting for it to be over, you may miss opportunities that God gives you as you go through your day.
We get so goal oriented sometimes that we forget to pay attention to what God is doing in the moment. We start to see things as the world sees them. Normal… Bland… Boring…
But life and our daily walk contains so much beauty… it just often goes unnoticed.
Ever heard the saying, “Take time to stop and smell the roses”? Well, do that! It doesn’t have to be roses… Any flower will do. But we often are no Spirit led. If we are Spirit led, we are more likely to see the beauty in our day to day lives.
My favorite verse for remembering this is Proverbs 2:3-6.
Proverbs 2:3-6
New International Version (NIV)
indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

If we look for God’s hand in our day, we will find He will be there. His hand is in everything. I have had some days that I feel were made just for me. The whole day carried on as if I was being cared for and looked after every moment. The days I need encouragement I find it. How we see His hand is beyond our understanding and we need to be sure not to place expectations and limitations on our God. If I need something or want something I don’t have an expectation in my mind much anymore. I just keep my mind and heart open to receiving what I need or want in anyway and at anytime the Lord provides. He always provides… Just not always in the way I expect. Which is why I have tried to stop expecting. Expecting is not trusting God to know what is best for you. So I encourage you to stop expecting things and just start asking for them. Our minds are so limited… God doesn’t play by our rules and expectations… He knows what is best for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment