Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Remember Why You Are Here

2 Corinthians 5:14-15 NIV- “For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.”
So, we get caught up in life… I get it. It happens to all of us. We really find ourselves lost in the desert sometimes… caught up in work, school, chores… What are we really here for?
This life is temporary… which is why it is important to remember what we are here for… Who we are here for… What we are here to do…
Colossians 3:2- “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.” Paul reminds the church that we need to have an “eternal” perspective on life. We need to make sure we remind ourselves daily of our higher calling.
So when you find yourself wrapped up in life, remember to stop and pull back and observe your situation.
Katie my roommate brought up a great point the other day. She asked, “What have you been doing as a Christian?”
This was a tough question for me to answer. I wanted to say, “I attend church, life group, and I study the bible… Isn’t that enough?”
But the more I thought about it, I truly began to realize what she was asking. What am I doing in my community? What am I doing for my neighbors to love on them? What am I doing to reach others and create disciples? These were the type of questions I needed to ask myself.
I am here for Him, not for myself. It is important I spend my time with Him and grow in a personal relationship with Him; but I need to remember why I am here. I am here to serve. He died so I could live. I want to be a vessel; I want Him to use me. I have to be available for Him to do that.

Lord, I ask that you help me be more aware of my temporary time on earth and more focused on my eternal calling. Please help me to push myself out of the way so there can be more of You shining through me. Help me to remember I am here for you, to serve. Help me be more like Jesus and follow His example. Thank you Lord for the opportunities I am given daily to serve You and fulfill Your calling on my life. In Jesus’ precious and sweet name I pray… Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment