Monday, March 14, 2016

Obey (Part One)

There are four steps I use to help me keep on track when it comes to obedience to the Lord;
The first one is…
1)      Know who is boss
Genesis 1:1- “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (CEV)
Genesis 2:7- “The Lord God took a handful of soil and made a man. God breathed life into the man, and the man started breathing.” (CEV)

I remember sassing my Mom as a child. I would rebel. My Mother would remind me who was in charge by telling me that she had brought me into this world and could take me out of it as well. I decided that these were acceptable terms for her qualifying as my “boss”. It is the same thing with God. He has the power, He created everything, and therefore He is Lord of all.

Leviticus 25:55- “People of Israel, I am the Lord your God, and I brought you out of Egypt to be my own servants” (CEV)

We have to remember why we are here and what the Lord has done for us. We are not here for ourselves; we are here for Him as His servants. Just as Jesus did not come here for Himself, we are not here for our own purposes, but for His.

Deuteronomy 3:24- “Our Lord, it seems that you have just begun to show me your great power. No other god in the sky or on earth is able to do the mighty things that you do.” (CEV)

Deuteronomy 4:1- “Israel, listen to these laws and teachings! If you obey them, you will live, and you will go in and take the land that the Lord is giving you. He is the God your ancestors worshiped,” (CEV)

Deuteronomy 4:35-36- “The Lord wants you to know he is the only true God, and he wants you to obey to obey him. That’s why he let you see his mighty miracles and his fierce fire on earth, and why you heard his voice from that fire from the sky.” (CEV)

Deuteronomy 7:9- “You know that the Lord your God is the only true God. So love him and obey his commands, and he will faithfully keep his agreement with you and your descendants for a thousand generations.” (CEV)

2 Kings 17:13- “So the Lord made sure that every prophet warned Israel and Judah with these words: “I, the Lord, command you to stop doing sinful things and start obeying my laws and teachings! I gave them to your ancestors, and I told my servants the prophets to repeat them to you .” (CEV) 

“The king’s word is law. No one can ask him, “Why are you doing this?” (CEV) 

I remember my Mom telling me to do something and I would ask her reasoning (because I had every right to question her, right?) and she would say “because I said so”. I had accepted that as a form of reason.

Hebrews 3:6- “But Christ is the Son in charge of God’s people. And we are those people, if we keep on being brave and don’t lose hope.”


The Lord created everything; therefore He is boss of it all. This is a step towards obedience…

No comments:

Post a Comment