Thursday, June 23, 2016

You Are Worth It

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14

How often we forget our worth. God loved us so much that He gave His one and only Son as a living sacrifice, to bear all of our sins, and die for us. God turned His face away from the Son, forsake Him, left Him completely alone under the weight of our transgressions (See John 3:16)…
What a love our Lord Almighty has for us. We are so blessed to have life to live. But we have trials and attacks on our hope in this world. Satan is looking for an opportunity to take you out at the knees so that you can’t follow Jesus the way He intended you too. The devil is out to keep you from glorifying God and we must prepare for battle daily (see Ephesians 6:10-18).
Why is any of this relevant to the verse above? Tell me you know that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, and that you feel that way all the time. It is unlikely. We struggle with insecurities and spiritual attacks that keep us from believing that God loves us and values us. We are His children and He made us how we are, in His image (See Genesis 1:27). We have to believe the verse above after all He has done for us. Yet still we struggle… It is a daily battle for me as well. I had a friend that once told me that every time we think negatively about ourselves, we are putting Jesus back on the cross. That really put it in perspective for me. Now I am able to crash my self-pity parties pretty quickly, because I know the Word is the truth.
So don’t forget Who made you, and what He has done for you. You are more precious than rubies (See Proverbs 3:15, Proverbs 8:11)
Who are you to say God made a mistake when He made you? All we can to is just try to walk closer to Him every day. No person, place, or thing, is comparable to the love of Christ. Same goes for determining your worth. No one besides God can tell you your worth and value. The devil is alive and will try to tell you otherwise, but cling to the truth.


Lord God, I come before you, asking that you remind me that You are the only one who can say what I am worth. I ask that you continue to grow me up in your Word so that I may stand against the devil and his attempts to tell me otherwise. I pray that my mind and heart are protected by your love and strength. I pray that You help me to discern what is designed to take me out so that I may avoid it. I pray You direct my steps and help me walk boldly for You. I love you Lord, and I love it when You tell me I am fearfully and wonderfully made. In Jesus sweet and powerful name I pray, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment